Side-talk: So Pho review at NEX

I decide that I should occasionally do food review on this blog too after my first food-related post on Swensens' mooncake here. Hope you readers like it :). Yesterday, my sister and I decided to have an impromptu dinner after a long day at school. It has been quite some time since we pamper ourselves with good food since year 4 in university has been quite hectic. So we decide to NEX at Serangoon since it is on the way and it has quite a few halal eateries there.

I arrives at NEX first since NTU is further away than NUS. I had to wait for 30 minutes or so. We settled for So Pho, since my sister is craving for something soupy. There wasn't a queue but we had to wait quite sometime to get a seat. However that place was pretty packed.

We had Pho Bo (Vietnamese Slice Beef Noodle Soup) and Lychee Mint Freeze for drinks. I think Pho Bo is their specialty. I didn't take long for food to come, but it took quite long to the waiters to take our orders. I guess they are short of staff.

I would say that the Beef noodle is pretty good. The noodles are nice and chewy, I really like the texture. The soup is nice too, with a just enough hint of spiciness. The portion is pretty generous. The bowl is big, I thought it would just be because of the soup. But there is generous portion of noodles and beef.


Lychee Mint Freeze was a nice surprise. I taste quite unique I would say. But since it is ice-blended, it doesn't really quench out thirst.

We pack home seafood fried rice and the prawn and lemongrass chicken summer rolls for our parents. My mum really liked the summer rolls. Sorry no photos for that.

Pho Bo - $8.80

Lychee Mint Freeze - $4.50
Do give So Pho a try if you haven't!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.