Side-Talk: Butterscotch Cafe

Today I am going to blog about my dining experience at Butterscotch Cafe. I have seen photos of dishes from this cafe. The food looks visually appetizing. But it is a little out of the way. When I heard my friend's office is near this cafe, we decided to have our long overdue meet up here. It is located at Bukit Merah area. It is about 10 mins walk from Redhill MRT station. Fortunately, my friend and I did not get lost even when it is out first time and it was at night. When we reached there, both us agreed that it was an unexpected place to find a cafe. The place was much more 'ulu' than I expected haha.

You will need to wait once you reach there if the cafe is crowded. You can also leave your number and they will contact you once there are available seats. Since the indoor seating were full, we had to seat outside. It wasn't too bad because there were ceiling fans and there weren't many passerbys in the area.

I bought myself Bandung Soda Float  (S$6.50) and Chilli Crab Cake Burger (S$14). While my friend bought herself Chicken Chop with Eggs ($16) and Iced Matcha Green Tea (S$6.50). You opt for Chicken chop without egg which will cost S$2 cheaper.

Bandung Soda Float (S$6.50) and Iced Matcha Green Tea (S$6.50)

Chilli Crab Cake Burger (S$14) and Chicken Chop with Eggs (S$16)
The Chilli Crab Cake burger comes with wedges and the Chicken Chop comes with wedges and coleslaw. The crab cake had a really thick patty of real crab meat. It wasn't mixed with any other ingredients which is nice. The sauce is the typical Chilli Crab sauce but I feel it lacked spiciness. It wasn't even spicy for my standard. The Bandung Soda Float was a let down because I barely taste the bandung. I think it was overpowered by the soda and ice cream. I wished it has a stronger Rose water taste.

I tasted my friend's chicken chop and it was really good. This might not make sense because it was so good that it tasted like steak. The meat was juicy too. It is different from your typical hawker centre chicken chop. It was worth the buy. I didn't taste my friend's Iced Matcha Green Tea but according to her it was pleasantly unique.

We were too full once we were done with our meals and hence did not order any dessert like what we initially planned. But the desserts were pretty pricey, they cost at least S$12.


Overall, I find that cafe serves pretty good food. Will definitely come back again because I just found out that it sells korean bingsu as well!! Have been craving for bingsu ever since I came back from korea and it definitely difficult to get halal bingsu in Singapore. I hope someone would open a halal bingsu store soon. Oh and lastly I apologize for the lousy photos in this post haha.

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.